Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eskimo Joe CD cover

Hi guys, well this is my first blog, on Eskimo Joe. Read, enjoy and leave feedback... e.t.c    (:

I was drawn to this eskimo joe CD cover because of the triad of colors it has used (The black, red as well as the yellow and pinkish skin tones), as well as the watercolor effect of the three figures and the way it has been composed using the rule of thirds. I find that there is a strong contrast between the black 'hair' and the faces and text. The designer has used soft features combined with the edgy lines around the eyes, nose and mouth to give us an insight into the nature and style of the band and their music. 
The text is bold yet simple and is the first part that our eye is drawn to before the image, it gives us that small bit of information we need, yet doesn't draw our attention away from the image of the band members.
Overall I think its a successful promotional tool, I bought the CD so obviously I like the band, it's a strange design, but i guess it just gives us a hint to their music style :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess i liked the way you covered every detail in that blog it made me think of things i usually wouldnt consider! :-)

    ReplyDelete